Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ugly Day - Oct 11, 2007 and PRXI

Before the fall I had sold half my position in LDK at 50.50 (another preset limit sell order). So, that turned out to be a good move. And I also opened a small position in PRXI in the morning when it looked like it wouldn't fall any further. It showed strength later, so that's good.

It would be prudent to be defensive tomorrow, after the sudden nose dive we saw today. I had last checked my portfolio before heading out for lunch around 12:30pm, my whole portfolio was up 2.5%. Next I checked around 2:45pm it was down 3%!!! I had been kicked out of SGR (this one moves downwards faster than the market), bought some more UVE without any of my knowledge!

That's the price you pay for having highly volatile low float stocks and also trying to maintain a portfolio in auto mode - aka - stop loss orders and preset limit buy orders at prices much below the current market prices.

Anyway not much damage done on the whole, provided market follows a few range days and does not nose dive further. Pundits were advising to be cautious after such a huge rally past few weeks, but today's action was quick.

Cheers!
Lazy

No comments: