Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Best Day! and Secondary Offering Dip Buying

Today was the best day in my trading history, markets were flat but my portfolio went up as much in a day that I do not see in most months!

UVE , CRNT , CHNR (only part of the move), GMKT (one of my holdings from pre-correction), VMW .....all made big moves!

I took a technical trade in CHNR, so sold it quite early but still did very good :)

I do not know what is going on with UVE , I had mentioned it few days back, that this one has potential, did not realise the move would be so fast!

Also yesterday, I got into one of my technical candidates that I post in my technical blog. The chart looked very promising. It is XOMA, that too made a big move today.

Ok, remind me something. I have to add "Secondary Offering Dip Buy" as one of my buying strategies, used that today to add to my position in CRNT. Whenever a company announces a secondary offering, its stock price dips, but if it is a momentum stock, it does not take even a few hours to recover from the negative news. Recent examples would be JASO and SIGM, and also saw the strategy in this article

Cheers!
Lazy

No comments: